Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Clipper cuts and 0 degree cuts
Posted By:
Posted By:judydoeshair09 on: 12/9/2009 8:19:11 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Clipper cuts and 0 degree cuts
judydoeshair09

Clipper cuts and 0 degree cuts
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:19:11 PM

I am reletivley new in this business and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they blend with the trimmers instead of the clipper-over-comb technique. I am deathly afraid of the COC and prefer to blend with trimmers or texturizing shears. Is this ok?

Also want to know about the 0 degree haircut. I can do this haircut ok, but sometimes after its all done one side will be quite a bit longer than the other. What am I doing wrong with this cut. I am taking down the sides first, but its usually uneven.

Thanks

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:53:01 PM

the only way to become comfortable with coc is to do it,and get a feel for it.if you are using trimmers, you can use clippers.you will get a smoother result.

as for the zero degree cut, are you talking about a bob?first off, make sure your client is sitting straight and not cross-legged.then make sure the head is not tilted to the side at all.either sit or position yourself so that you are truly holding the hair at zero degrees,either pressing it against the neck, or using a comb as you cut your first line at the nape.be aware of your position as well as the client's body position as you make your way first to the one side of the back, then the other.if this looks even to you, then go to the sides.cut each side facing the side, bring the hair straight down,don't pull the sides back to you.check them by standing in front of the client and bringing both sides down under the chin, or to the chin depending on length you have cut.if there is a difference, go back to the back near the ear, and see where it went off balance.

judydoeshair09

Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:51:29 PM

Thank you very much. this is great advice and I will do it.

Judy