jessica87paige

Bald Fade?? HELP
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 12:26:39 AM
How do you do a bald fade?

russnyc
Platinum Member

Bald Fade
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:22:56 AM
This isn't a term I would use in front of a client. I (and others) call it a "High Fade".

The key is to use a 1 blade at the bottom third of the head (around nape ears and sideburn) BUT keep weight at the temples, the round of the head above the ear, and an inch below the occipital, if you don't have experience spend an afternoon in a barber shop, this is a dangerous cut to practice with!

You then use a T shaped "0" trimmer with an EXTREMELY thin tapered comb (Cricket/Silkgroom made a good one) and go around and taper everything, It's only "bald" at the very bottom, and sort of a shadowy gradient when moving up the head

You might just practice on a guy who shaves his head bald anyway or check out American Crew, they have excellent videos on this cut.

DO NOT do this cut at home! You need good lighting and space to do this cut!
Russ H. Colorist at the Roy Teeluck Salon 57th & Madison Avenue, Manhattan NYC "There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." -Helena Rubenstein

rocknroll fab!

Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 12:24:20 AM
as always, russnyc, you are spot on! :) if i could just add one little thing that helped me, i would like to pass on a good piece of advice i received on fading once: fade a little lower at first, that way you have more room to blend and are less likely to mess up the haircut. i've used that advice and it has proven itself invaluable. really!

got2Bred

5 months later
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:58:19 PM
five months later, but advice...everyone has it right? I personally fade differently, I start higher and work down as opposed to working up...i find that it leaves less room for error, and golden rule: you can always take more, you can't put it back! 15 years and i have always done it that way...i.e: start with a 3 at rounds of head, switch to the next blade, 2, and go lower, then 1 1/2 a little lower...etc. etc. till you get to the last blade you want to..be it 1, 1A or even 0
treat your job like your hobbie, and you'll always love what you do!
treat your job like your hobbie, and you'll always love what you do!