Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > advice please!!! brand new having issues zero degree cut!!
Posted By:
Posted By:victoriacsik on: 10/13/2008 1:46:18 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: advice please!!! brand new having issues zero degree cut!!
victoriacsik

advice please!!! brand new having issues zero degree cut!!
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 1:46:18 PM
ok so i just started cosmetology school i go to artistic acadamy in new jersey. today is the first day of my second week, and i am not satisfied with the way i did the simples cut ever the zero degree cut and were not really going over it im not sure i really like this school because they basically teach you a new thing every day and you never keep practicing you only get one day devoted to each thing and then thats it. with my zero degree haircut im havin alot of issues i always want to take a little off and wind up having to take a lot off to get it perfectly straight. i just cut my moms hair and she loves it but i only wanted to take one ince off and i would up taking off about 4 to make it straight. it seems as though no matter how hard i try to make it straight even if it looks straight in the end its not causing me to have to go higher ;( im trying to learn and i love being good at things so its really discouraging that im not getting this it makes me feel like a failure im a perfectionist and i hate when im not getting something, if anyone has any tips or advice i would really appreciate it because im getting really discouraged ;( thanks guys!!

salonveteran

hope this helps
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 7:02:27 PM
Now this may sound a little wierd but what you should try by starting in the nape area, cut the middle of the nape first, then working to the "corners" of the nape cutting these a little longer then the middle. Make sure that after this first section in cut that you "messure" to make sure it is even. I actually pull the hair gently between my fingers starting at the scalp to the ends without liiking at it. Looking can throw you off when doing this. Also make sure that you are not "peeking" when you are cutting. What I mean by "peaking" is turning your fingers up when cutting. Make sure your fingers stay level with the floor. Once you get your first section even, bring your next section down and cut this without "peaking". Hope this helps.

crystlemc

Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:46:51 PM
One little suggestion... make sure you are holding your comb parallel to the floor.

A little encouragement.... the zero is quite possible the most difficult cut to master. At least that's my opinion.

strands

cutting at zero
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:43:06 PM
what you might try is starting in the nape and going from side to side until you reach the corners then comb hairfrom the crown on the sides over the ear area and continue cutting from the corner to the front area alternating each cut frm side to side it works for me every time