Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > "Emo/Scene hair" any ideas?
Posted By:
Posted By:belladonastylist1 on: 6/29/2008 10:26:16 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: "Emo/Scene hair" any ideas?
belladonastylist1

"Emo/Scene hair" any ideas?
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:26:17 PM

The girls around here are wanting these layers like the lead singer of Flyleaf.  Basically it's just really short layers at the top with some long stringy hair hanging down in the back and sides.  What's the easiest way to cut this?   My method has worked fine but I'm all about some new ideas here.  Thanks!  :)

Curl-upndye

Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:42:35 PM
I suppose if I was asked to do that I'd horseshoe section off the top, maybe zig zag the parting too. Section out the fringe too if there is one. The bottom I would probably divide into about 5 subsections. This cut is very disconnected. I don't expect it to blend but when I look at the finished product it still has harmony. Alot of this cut is probably going to be done dry since it's so personalized. These cuts are fun to do, but I have so much trouble doing these on the guys. When I do it it seems just a bit too feminine and I'm not sure how to butch it up lol Men don't usually get such embellished styles but the times they are a changin'

Audtopsy

Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:04:00 PM
Take a horseshoe section.
Clip the rest of the hair out of your way.
Beginning at the crown, cut the entire section of the horseshoe, like a mohawk, with about 3-4inch length in the back graduating to the length of the hair in the front.
Repeat with the remaining hair ensuring your shortness is in the crown.

cococolette

just one option...
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:26:02 AM

alot of my clients have requested different versions of this hair cut

and ive come to realize that the easiest way to do it with the most personalizing it to section out an eclipse circle on the top of the head with the center of the circle being wherever the client is choosing to part their hair...or in the center for a versatile look (size of eclipse demeding on how thick they want the remaining perimeter

on the remaining hair take everything from the mastiod process back and slide cut a flat round layer or more of a square concave

then go into your eclipse and using the legth of your shortest bottom layer angle in your concave layer for the top. I tend to eyeball mine and point cut it for a better texture

depending on the color placement and client i will section off some disconnects

after my blow dry i resection wagonweal pie pieces and shatter the layers even more

cococolette

just one option...
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:26:04 AM

alot of my clients have requested different versions of this hair cut

and ive come to realize that the easiest way to do it with the most personalizing it to section out an eclipse circle on the top of the head with the center of the circle being wherever the client is choosing to part their hair...or in the center for a versatile look (size of eclipse demeding on how thick they want the remaining perimeter

on the remaining hair take everything from the mastiod process back and slide cut a flat round layer or more of a square concave

then go into your eclipse and using the legth of your shortest bottom layer angle in your concave layer for the top. I tend to eyeball mine and point cut it for a better texture

depending on the color placement and client i will section off some disconnects

after my blow dry i resection wagonweal pie pieces and shatter the layers even more

heidiheidi

Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:37:57 PM
I usually horseshoe the crown area and cut it for the short layers. Usually, razor or heavy point-cut the ends, and then hit the midshaft with chunking shears for the texture.

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:50:25 AM
I tend to part the hair as the would like it to fall, then take wedge shaped sections around the head, slicing a concave shape in with my razor. If they have thick hair, I'll use the thinning side of my carving comb to texterize it quite a lot. I do this for all of the layers, then just clean up the perimeter however they want it.

As far as the difference between the guy and girl versions of this cut, the girl version will usually have longer top layers on the sides of the hair, and the back crown area will bend up and stick back, rather than sticking straight up.

The guy version has piecier bangs, is shorter on the sides, and the interior is spikier.

Of course, this has all just been trial and error. The first time someone asked me if I could do 'scene hair' I said yes or course, then went home to google pics of it, hahaha.

luc

Scene/ emo hairstyles
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:48:02 AM
Is it possible to post pictures on this forum?