A Rad Red Makeover:
Prêt-à-Porter en Rouge
by BTC Community Member
Have you checked out the BTC Community channel yet? Our new social network made just for salon professionals (and students!) has tons of amazing hair photos taken by artists like you! By posting pics of the beautiful work you create behind the chair, you could be selected as a featured artist in our daily tip, get reconized by major manufacturers or even be published! BTC Community member Michael Apodaca, stylist and Salon Manager at La Relance Salon in Glencoe, IL, shared this sizzling red makeover created by his team of beauty pros. Here's how they did it:
Want to be a Star Stylist? Create a Book with BTC!
Aveda Full Spectrum Color Formulas
Formula 1: 20g 4N, 20g IB, 8g Dk RV, 2g Red PP, 2g light OR
Formula 2: 10g 6N, 30g IB, 6g Light OR, 1g Dk VR
Formula 3: 10-volume Enlightener
Formula 4 (toner): 40g 0N, 8g orange PP
1. Color placement on the 'heavy side' – all placements are color foils – two back to back slices, but only one slice Enlightener—1,3,1,3,2,3,1,2,3,2,1,2,1,3,2
2. Color placement of the ‘short side’—all color foils are a thicker slice, but only on 'regular' Enlightener slice—1,1,3,1,3,2,2,3,2,2
3. Color back with normal slices—1,2,3,2
4. Apply Formula 1 to the remainder of hair.
5. Process, rinse and dry hair.
6. Apply Formula 4 to 3/4 of head not only to tone, but to lock in color.
Who did it
Hair styling and Color: Michael Apodaca
Makeup: Dana Wexler
Photography/Editing : Luke Schneider Photography
SIGN UP for the BTC Community NOW and post your work!
So You Want to Be a Star Stylist? Create a Book with BTC!
Berry-Tone Ombre How-To
How-To: A Perfect Pink Platinum
Watch the Color Webinar Bundle! Only $45.95!