"Copper Shine" Color and
There's something about copper color that leaves us wanting more. So when we saw this look created by Joey Figueiredo, called "Copper Shine," we needed the details, pronto! Joey entered this look into Surface Hair's "Get the Look Competition," and we can see why won! He tells us he personally did everything depicted in the image: cut, color, styling, makeup and even photography!
"I love incorporating all aspects of beauty in the art of styling," Joey says. "Enhancing colors with shine and texture. It's all about preparation for me and hydration for the hair to give me optimal styling options." Here's how he created the color and style!
Natural Level: 5
1) Starting at the occipital bone, create a V-shaped section pointing downward.
2) Color the bottom section from roots to ends with the following formula: Davines Mask 10grams 5,01 + 3grams 5,11 + 26grams 7-volume developer + 3 grams Surface Bassu Hydrating Oil.
3) Add five foil slices placed diagonal forward from the crown and apply Davines Mask 3grams 7,34 + 10 grams 20-volume developer
4) Color the rest of the hair from scalp to ends with Davines Mask 5grams 7 (NW) + 20 grams 7,43 + 45 grams 20-volume developer + 3 grams Surface Bassu Hydrating Oil.
1) Prepare the hair with Bassu Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.
2) Apply Taffy Whip in wet hair, then blow-dry with a vent brush. Apply a pearl-size dollop of Taffy Whip to dry hair in a diagonal forward motion for texture. Apply Push Styling Powder for extra volume, texture and hold.
3) Finish with Bassu Shine Spray.
Step-by-step: The Braided Roll
The Push Knot Styling Technique
82 Celebrity Color Formulas Book: Here are 82 celebrity color formulas you can use to re-create the shades your clients demand.
Subscribe to behindthechair.com On Paper and receive a FREE T-shirt! SUBSCRIBE NOW!