4 Hot Trends and Tips from Fashion Week
Want to amp up your nail business? Check out these four tips and tricks from the essie nail team, who painted the tips of tons of top models during spring Fashion Week.
“The nail look at Zac Posen is inspired by the ethereal, romantic silks and chiffons used in the collection,” says essie manicurist Elle. “The soft, whimsical pairing of Demure Vixen and Au Natural complements the delicate and airy creations that Zac Posen is known for.”
“Nothing is more chic and ladylike than a natural, nude nail,” explains Essie Weingarten, the founder of essie. “The multi-dimensional tones in these two shades work in tandem to bring this timeless look to new heights. ‘Matchy-Matchy is making a comeback in a whole new way.”
Create the Look:
1. Start by painting the entire nail with essie nail polish in Demure Vixen, an iridescent cocoa mauve, as the base for the look. Let dry completely.
2. Apply a single layer of Au Natural, a slightly iridescent, sheer neutral sandy shade. The combination of the two shades creates a striking glass-like effect that’s simply breathtaking.
3. Let nails set for two minutes and follow with Good to Go Top Coat for a perfect, long-lasting finish.
“The spring DKNY collection is full of very vibrant and busy prints and patterns, so we decided that a bold, yet nude nail was the perfect complement,” says Essie. “Brooch the Subject was our go-to shade for fingers and toes and I really love this look—it is classic essie. Nude, without being too sheer; sophisticated with an edge and totally universal.”
“This is a modern nude,“ says Elle, who led the nail team backstage. “It’s bold enough to stand up to the strong colors and designs in the collection, yet its underlying pink tones prevent it from looking yellow on certain skin types. The shade is perfect for both long and short nails, and works for daytime and evening.”
To get this universally flattering nail look, use a good base coat such as essie All in One Base and follow with two coats of essie Brooch the Subject, giving two minutes dry time between each coat. Finish with essie Good to Go Top Coat.
“The nail look at Pamela Love was inspired by the bohemian Moroccan theme of the collection,” says Elle. “We drew inspiration for the reverse chevron French manicure, which exposes the nail’s natural moon, from the tribal graphic element of the clothing and the triangular jewelry paired with the collection. Graphic nail design is a fun look and is also very on trend at the moment.”
Create the Look:
1. Start by painting the entire nail with essie nail polish in Topless and Barefoot, an opaque matte nude, as the base for the look. Let dry completely.
2. With essie’s Little Brown Dress, a chocolate brown shade, paint a diagonal from each corner of the nail bed to the tip to create the triangular shape. Start at the middle on the left side of the nail, brushing up to the middle on the diagonal and then, reverse, from the right side to finish the V formation.
3. Let nails set for two minutes and follow with Good to Go Top Coat for a perfect finish.
“The nail look at Tory Burch was designed to perfectly complement the romantic floral prints seen in the collection,” says Elle. “A soft, classic, natural look on nails is just the right accessory to the graceful and colorful designs Tory Burch is known for.”
“Mademoiselle is a shade that’s recognized all over the world. In fact, out of hundreds of essie shades, it is a number one best seller,” says Essie. “French women are famous for their elegance and effortless beauty and Mademoiselle epitomizes that lovely style and sensibility. It is the perfect match for Tory’s exquisite collection.”
Create the Look:
1. Start by painting the entire nail with essie First Base Base Coat to help adhere polish to the nail surface for less chipping and longer wear. Let dry complelely.
2. Apply one coat of essie Mademoiselle, a beautiful sheer pink hue. The clean yet classic shade creates a very natural and healthy looking nail.
3. Wait two minutes for drying time, and follow with Good to Go Top Coat for a long-lasting finish and shine.
Check out the essie Winter Collection!
To learn more, go to www.essie.com
Subscribe to behindthechair.com On Paper and get a FREE TEE! SUBSCRIBE NOW!